Thursday, April 15, 2010

TAPMI GDPI Ex.

Date-April 13th
Time-About 01:45 AM...(yes AM)
Venue-My Room.

At night saw next day local is on 7:45 and 9:00 AM. Being cautious decided to go by 7:45 one. Set the alarm on cell of 6:00 AM. Started brushing up the basic concepts learnt in B.Com and in Finance with a lil current affairs. Finally ended up sending mails to various persons to promote PeTA.

Date-April 14th
Time-About 7:50 AM...(yes 7:50, though alarm was of 6:00)
Venue-My Bed.

WTF I missed my first local, its 7:50. Other side of brain said its OK buddy u have 9:00 AM local also, go to sleep again. But on the other part of brain there was a fairy who said wake up duffer. I let won the good part. Left bed at 8:00 AM.

Tooth Brush- DONE
Bath- If just taking shower is bath then DONE.
Deo- Just a hint of that. DONE
Transcripts- All checked. Oh shit...where is call letter? Ya got it.- DONE
All set and done in 45 mins.
Now its 8:45 and local is at 9:00 AM. Come on Robin you can do it.
Auuuuutttttttttttoooooooooo.......rukk jaaaaa saale.... Finally reached Station at 9:00 but on Platform No.6. Local was on 1. While on stairs on the bridge it went away before my eyes. Very Good start Robin. Oh thank you thank you. I patted my back myself.
OK mam when is the next local to Secundrabad? Its at 9:25. OK gimmi a ticket of that.
Finally reached Secundrabad at 10:23 (if I correctly remember). Then auto to DBS Bhawan.

DATE- April 14th
TIME- About 11:00 AM
VENUE- DBS Bhawan, Secundrabad (Good Place and arrangement)

Waited in TAPMI Waiting hall. 15-20 human beings were already there waiting for being grilled. I was the new lamb in the herd. Found some familiar faces there though dunno who were they and where I met them but treated like oh you are the only my best friend here. Passed the formal smile first then started talking. Candidates from 8:30 batch were still waiting for there Dean's Interview. At about 11:45 Mr.Natarajan came (Faculty in TAPMI for last 11 long years.) and gave the extra little intro of the selection process. Then divided the whole group of students into 2. Other group went to another floor for Case Study.

Hurdle 1- Case Study(In brief)

Mr.Smith is a very good banker and doing good. His manager gave him promotion and shifted him to another branch as a branch manager. He warned Smith that there you will meet a person named some Mr.D who is working with bank since last 31 years and he is still asst.Manager and he want that position only. He is very important fot bank as he created many customers for bank, and knows that area very good also he is from the same ethnic community which is in majority there so he has support of that also. BUT he is dogmatic in his approach, bit angry, don't like anybody interfering in his work. So be careful. Smith found him the same after joining that branch. Once he even said to Smith that don't interfere in my work. Smith was wondering that whether he should remain silent and take work ex of 2-3 years and move or interfere?

There were 3 questions-
1. What is the role of age, seniority, experience, community and all in this particular case?
2. If you were at Smith's position what would be your next step?
3. Don't remember exactly but about some organisational behaviour.

Just 10 mins to read and answer. Answered first 2.

Waited for almost 1 hour for panel interview. Was hungry because came without breakfast so took out my krackjack and kurkure hatke jhatke (lol). They saved me from starving.

Hurdle 2- Panel Interview and Extempore. (Panel 3)

There were 2 panel members. One was busy looking at my form. Other at me.
May I come in Sir. Oh yes Robin (In a very high pitched voice)
The one looking at my form is P1 and the one looking at my transcripts and me is P2.
P2- Tell me about yourself.
Me- Blah blah blah...
P2- Why ur percentages are fluctuating?
Me- In my first year I was concentrating more on business than study. So I screwed first year. Second year was fine. In final year just before examinations was doing job and saving money. So it was not that great.
P2-What are your future plans?
Me-Sir I want to open my own financial consultation company 10 years down the row. For that 2 of my friends already started doing CFA and I am about to do MBA in finance.
P2-Good. You said you helped your brother in setting up his business. What is that business? What is its turnover? When did you both started it? Why not your father helped him and only you?
Me-Blah, blah, blah...
P1-What is money market?
Me-Told
P1-What is RBI?
Me-Told
P1-Who decides the interest rates?
Me-Told
P1-On what basis they decide interest rates?
Me-Told
P1-What do you mean by Govt.Bonds?
Me-Here I commit mistake and mixed treasury bonds with govt.bonds. Treasury bonds are just for 91 days and govt bonds may be upto 30 years. I said 91 days thing in govt.bonds.

Hurdle 3- Extempore
Topic-Men grows old by loosing interest in life and not by age.
Thought for about 25 secs and started gave the example of Vijay Mallaya who cherish every moment of his life irrespective of his age. Spoke for about 1.30 minute.

P1- For what you got this Young Jaina Award?
Me-For doing so many things at the same time-scoring good marks in 12th, winning awards in racing, winning in science, commerce exhibitions, winning in painting n all sum up to Young Jaina Award.
P2- Ok wait outside for Dean's Interview.

Me- Thank you sirs. Have a great day ahead.

Waited for some time outside then a guy came and said that you can wait in waiting room because Dean is went out to take his lunch.
Waited for 1:30 hours for being called for Interview.

Hurdle 4- Dean's Interview.
A guy with french cut beard.
D-Tell me about yourself.
Me-Told
D-Which was your favourite subject in your Graduation?
Me-Financial Market Operations and Financial Management.
D-What is Quick Ratio?
Me-Told
D-What is Current Ratio?
Me-Told
D-What is Price Elasticity of Demand?
Me-Told (I thought I said my fav subject is Finance and FMO and not Economics so that you are asking this question, but ok they can ask anything from paper pin to satellite)
D-What is Law of Demand?
Me-(Yaar again economics???) Told in my words.
D-No, tell me the exact wordings of that Law.
Me- Sorry Sir I don't remember the exact wordings. I can only tell in my words right now.
D-Do you have any questions for me?
Me- Yes. I am unable to find the responsibilities the students of previous batch of TAPMI got in companies they got placed. Will you please give me a little info regarding this?
D- Do any other B-School provide this info?
Me-No
D-We also don't provide.
Me-Thank You Sir.

Overall Good ex. Expecting something positive.
All the best to all.

Keep Smiling.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment