Monday, November 30, 2009

My Test Taking Experience on Nov 30


Left home at about 1 PM. Reached centre at 1:30. That (JNTU) was a huge campus I must say. It took almost 10 minutes to reach at our lab...look how big...

They(invigilators) told us to sit in a class room then they started calling names of candidates in a bunch of 3-4 for photo session(lolz) and biometric test...
3 times finger prints of right hand side first finger and 3 times to that of left hand side, in total they took 6 finger prints, and one smiling pic of mine...

I spent 120 bucks to get prepared my ID affidavit and in centre invigilator didn't even throw a look at it...(I thought...abe 1 baar to dekh le...120 kharch kiye hai is par...lol)

We placed at our systems at exactly 2:12pm, now the boring time started. In that 1 hour and 18 minutes you just have to look here and there for some pretty girl...I didn't find any at a radius of atleast 6 metres...my bad luck(kidding ;))...or you can take a nap at that time, but taking nap may be harmful because you have to keep your brain active...There were 5 cameras(one of them was exactly looking at me....raskal) and one projector in 14x7 room....
I was reading the rules and regulations of prometric, one of them was "you cant talk when u r sitting before your computer panel" and funny thing is that except me and few others all were enthusiastically talking to each other...lolz

Then after about 45 minutes invigilator came and started entering the username and passwords...all was going fine till me, but when he comes to me the comp refused to accept the username and password and after me it refused to accept all guys n galz next to me...
(I was wishing mat karna accept, aur time mil jayega preps k liye...if test gets cancelled) but to my bad luck it accepts after 15-20 minutes....phew...then he gave 4 sheets of good quality paper, 1 pencil, 1 natraj eraser, 1 camlin sharpener was already there near to comp...

After that we sat for another 15-20 minutes (in this time u can move here and there in the lab or go to drink water or whatever u want to or can go to toilet)
Then Invigilator came and again entered password and username, this time it accepts in one time...then came two options START THE TEST OR TAKE TUTORIAL...
As I'll not get ant 15 minutes extra if I skip tutorial so I started tutorial...that was ditto same as uploaded in catiim.in.

After that I started the real thing CAT....

First section was Verbal, then Quant and last DI.
As all knows 20 Questions in each...I decided at home only that I'll go in this order only and look I got the paper in that order only...

Verbal-
This was a bit tricky area. Some weird language like those use by great philosophers, 3 RC's in that 3 questions each, parajumbles etc...but one thing- In RC's and in DI sets all the questions were in one page and it was written on top that MAKE SURE U ATTEMPT ALL 3 QUESTIONS(and that too in red ink), what does this mean? Do we have to attempt all 3 questions or they are just telling that there are 3 questions in the page....I asked to Invigilator he said I don't know. I said OK, attempted all 3.
I spent around 45 minutes in this section...Attempted 12-14 here.
All in all Moderate section...later in HOME I found out that I have marked 1 wrong answer...though dunno about all :(

Quant-
Haunting section for me...I got really scared when I saw first 2-3 questions coz they were difficult (acc to me). So I moved to next questions...
No use of mentioning here the sections from which the questions came coz One thing for sure the type of questions they are giving, u'll all face a new paper in all days. NOT SAME
There were 50-60% questions were straight forward...Spent around 40 minutes here...Attempted almost 12 here...

DI-
This is literally one of my favourite sections, but but but....the questions were like see graphs, pie charts and answer...thats it...no use of brain...
Some questions like of arrangement type, bar graphs, simple graphs etc., nothing special...
So I attempted 18 questions here...

In all attempted 45+ questions, could attempt 55+ but was stuck in one problem of Quant, so it took whopping 5 minutes...(while doing this questions when I had already spent 2 minutes n the answer was not coming so I thought to spent 2 minutes more to get answer...coz it better to spent 4 minutes and get answer in comparison to 2 minutes and no answer or a tukka ).

All in all that was a pleasing experience to give online CAT...
No technical glitches and all...

So thats it from me NOW...
Best of luck dear friends...
Just one advice - Keep your brain empty from such things that somebody got this many question from this section so we will also get some thing same...
As papers are easy I am sure u all will do well....
Will pray for u all...

Keep Smiling... :)

15 comments:

  1. hi robin,

    thanks a lot!just a question,is the Di section uniformly spread between calculation based sets, one per set lr questions and DSs or calclation based multiple q sets are more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @saptarshi,
    As far as my paper is concerned...there were only 3-4 reasoning questions, 3-4 ds rest is simple DI...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Robin... another query:) do the VA qustions of all possible sorts i.e oara jumbles, sentence deletion, sentence correction, fill in the blanks? And is DS present in both DI and QA section?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @saptarshi,
    Yes for both questions...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Robin
    thaks yaar 4 the valuabe info
    Ever1 just left their email-ID 4 ppl to send them the details
    you posted it online 4 ever1 2 c =)
    GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this info helped u friends then its my pleasure...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude Great work being Frank,,, I donno y Prometric and IIMs are asking not to disclose when they themselves are not in a position to conduct the exam without glitches ..!!!!
    1 doubt, what is the proximity of options in Rc section,,,are they very close and need a lot of thinking...or we can just eleminate few ??.just the standard......??
    also any homonyms ??? Sentence corrections???

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ my incisive....,
    In my paper I eliminated few easily but not all,
    there were 2-3 questions for sentence correction,
    not any homonyms, in my case...dunno abt urs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey robin..
    Gr8 initiative n thanx 4 d useful info.. God bless u!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for d info robin...gud job :-)

    ReplyDelete